We’re building a dream team to design more dream homes
The Residential Designer / Interior Designer will work alongside the Keystone Creative Design Team to create functional, safe, and aesthetically pleasing homes by assessing space requirements, determining optimal materials, furniture placement, and selecting decorative items, all while adhering to relevant blueprints, building code, and inspection requirements.
Residential Designer duties & responsibilities:
- Works with clients to determine initial goals and requirements for the space and/or structure to be designed.
- Site measuring and simple photography.
- Collaborates with the Keystone Creative Design Team to further understand how the space and/or structure should function, appear, and be furnished.
- Analyzes movement and use patterns of the space.
- Prepares sketches or other visual aids to demonstrate preliminary designs.
- Consults with client to select materials, furnishings, and décor.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to prepare and illustrate final plans.
- Drawing existing structures from field measurements, producing conceptual designs, and design/delivery of construction documents.
- Determines timelines and project costs and presents accurate estimates to clients.
- Orders or obtains necessary materials, adhering to project and budget specifications.
- Oversees the installation of materials, furniture, and other design elements.
- Communicates with the Construction Manager all product specifications for successful installations.
- Arranging client visits and keeping everyone involved in the project appraised of its progress
- Ensures client satisfaction by visiting the project with the client; resolves any complaints or concerns.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and materials, techniques, and other developments in interior design.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Highly creative, imaginative, and artistic.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to apply a sense of style to create aesthetically pleasing residential projects.
- Strong visual design skills including proportion and aesthetics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use computer-aided design (CAD) software. (Chief Architect preferred.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic understanding of building codes and inspection regulations related to interiors.
- Familiarity with Architectural styles and eras.
- Knowledge of building systems: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, General Construction Methods
- Familiarity with interior and exterior residential surfaces
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field required; coursework in computer-aided design (CAD) highly preferred.
- Interior design certification highly preferred.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
- Dependable, presentable transportation
- Valid driver’s license with an excellent record
- Verifiable references from previous employer(s) and client(s)
- Verifiable experience in the design development of significant remodels & custom homes
- Provide a portfolio by digital means that includes examples of your drawings and completed job photos.